DennistounOnline
Community News, Views & Information

Coventry Drive

Jan Jackson(nee Boyd ) posted on the 19/10/2013 4:11:01 PM

Did anyone live in Coventry Drive in the 40`s, 50`s 60`s & 70`s, We lived in no 41, my parents were Willie & Peggie, Willie was a Glasgow Hackney driver then there was my sister Marguerite & my Brother Alex.

11 Replies :

#1 - Maureen Mcqueen replied on the 27/10/2013 2:12:38 PM

Maureen(nee Ross) and David Mcqueen lived in 58 Coventry Drive up to 1970. Now living in Staffa Street.

#2 - joe mc dermott replied on the 28/10/2013 12:19:13 PM

Hello Maureen how you doing , we used to live up the stair from you , still in livingston hope Davie is okay and yourself , great times we had there , im still as daft as I was then !! enjoying retirement , my email is josie111@sky.com also on face book lovely to see your name on the site  cheers Joe

#3 - Jan Boyd replied on the 28/10/2013 3:12:16 PM

I remember David McQueen & his Mum, also remember David McDade, his Mum who I called my Auntie Lexie, was very friendly with my Mother, Annie McCann & Jean Mclean, great memories of Coventry Drive, loved every minute of living there, also remember Wee Jimmy`s the Buthchers, aWee Nan`s the sweetie shop, Neil Thompson`s the newsagent who`s shop was a tardis, brilliant place to be brought up, I now live in Cumbernauld and I am also on face book, my email is janet01jackson@yahoo,co,uk.

#4 - Maureen McQueen replied on the 3/11/2013 3:57:06 PM

Hi Joe, nice to hear from you.  David and i still laugh about your flitting day, it was so funny, everyone suffering from hangovers. We now have, six grandchildren.
Hope you and your family are all well.

#5 - Big Wullie replied on the 6/11/2013 9:43:57 PM

I remember a a man called John Firth I worked with him at the Milanda bakery 1951.

#6 - Jan  Boyd replied on the 9/11/2013 10:42:40 AM

Would that be Jackie & Danny Firth`s Dad who lived at 41 Coventry Drive, Jackie was at school with my Brother Alex & I played with Danny.

#7 - Big Wuulie replied on the 11/11/2013 5:43:30 PM

Jan, It might be the same family I don't know, it was a long time ago.

#8 - Jan Boyd replied on the 13/11/2013 1:01:45 PM

Wullie, it probably is as they were the only Firths that lived in Coventry Drive, if my memory is correct they went to one of the Schemes, I believe it was Ruchazie.

#9 - Dave Todd replied on the 11/12/2013 3:30:49 PM

I was at Ali Parade primary in the 60's with Doreen Thomson & Eddie Paterson both who lived in Coventry Drive. I think the Whites (Elenora and Aubrey) also lived there

#10 - joe mc dermott replied on the 14/12/2013 1:26:50 AM

Have a very merry xmas Maureen , David from Joe mc d

#11 - Joe McIvor replied on the 1/12/2017 6:21:07 PM

Hi Jan, hope this helps. I lived at 125 Coventry Drive from birth in 1939 until about 1955. In 1946 the people who lived up your close at 41 were :- Marta Black
Margaret McI. Boyd
William McL. J. Boyd
James and Mima Bradshaw
Ellen and Hugh Brennan
Hugh, Henry and Margaret Campbell
Margaret and William Firth
Annie Lavery
Henry Hope
David and May Logan
Christine, Thomas and John McDade.
If I can be of any further help please e@mail me at joe90bem@hotmail.com. I have photographs of old Coventry Drive from the early 70s.
Best wishes Joe

You can reply to the post Coventry Drive by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin