Alexandra Parade

ann posted on the 29/12/2014 11:50:10 AM

Hello, I'm thinking of moving into the area, and was wondering what it was like? I'd be on Alexandra Park Street

#1 - Natalie replied on the 2/01/2015 7:21:41 PM

Hi Ann, Dennistoun is a great wee place to live. It has great restaurants, cafes, some good food shops as well as Tesco and Asda close by. We have a Nursery, Primary and Secondary School as well as a great Doctors and Dentist. As with all areas there can be some bad going-ons however it is still a great place.

#2 - Dan replied on the 3/01/2015 1:02:55 AM

Has lots of students and professionals and its getting more cosmopolitan every year.

Close to Strathclyde Uni/Merchant city/Chris Hoy velodrome etc

#3 - anon replied on the 3/01/2015 5:19:27 PM

Hi Ann, well I moved to the Parade nearly 40 years ago and I'm still here, just round the corner from Alexandra Park Street!

#4 - Pete replied on the 3/01/2015 5:20:09 PM

It's getting more gentrified you mean.

#5 - Art Vandelay replied on the 18/01/2015 1:14:41 PM

I moved in to the area around 4 years ago, I am in the Duke St side of Dennistoun. I have to agree with Natalie, the amenities in the area are first class. Parking can be a problem but that is a side effect from having so many shops nearby. It is also very close to the City Center.

#6 - Jenny replied on the 29/01/2015 7:25:26 PM

Hi Ann, been living here for 4 years and it's definitely got better, I really like it. I moved here because it was convenient for me and the rent was reasonable but have stayed as it's really got a lot to offer if you look past some of the rougher edges (it's not dangerous, don't worry!). Lots of great new restaurants and pubs springing up in the last year too. It's not posh, but I love that it's a mixed area with an interesting mix of people that's actually affordable. Do it!

#7 - Dennistonian replied on the 30/01/2015 12:23:27 AM

I live off Whitehill Street and one on the things I like is that I know lots of folk in the shops by going in all the time and they remember you.  I also pass people on the street who I've never spoken to but they say hello.  We have everything on our doorsteps.

#8 - Peter Murphy replied on the 11/07/2021 10:54:24 AM

Looking for Cafe / Chip owners name from Dennistoun , probably The Parade ?
My Brother was engaged to the Daughter named Bernice in 1966 .
Would like to find out more ?

You can reply to the post Alexandra Parade by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin