Parking on the pavements

Swan posted on the 5/11/2017 10:49:13 PM

I appreciate that parking an emotive subject in Dennistoun (and other areas with lots of tenements), and I guess you could employ a team of Philadelphia lawyers until their retirement to finesse the legalities of parking on the pavement, but can I appeal to people's better nature and beg everyone not to do it?
For example, if you've ever seen two or more fire engines try to negotiate in and out of Onslow Drive on one of their many call-outs to the school, you'll know that the street corners are quite handy for manoeuvering large vehicles.
I'm not a driver, but my husband has a works van and regularly turns the air blue attempting to park in the area, so I know it's an issue. But, please, can we leave the pavements for pedestrians?
Sorry for the rant!

#1 - anon replied on the 6/11/2017 10:00:28 AM

well said swan, some of the pavements are already narrow enough without cars and vans making things worse.
what really gets me is the school run mums who park on pavements, at corners, on double yellow lines, double park in the middle of the street, on crosswalks etc, if you dare complain to them that they are making it more dangerous for you to cross the roads then you get a mouthful of abuse (in front of their children too)

#2 - G replied on the 6/11/2017 1:28:24 PM

I've made several complaints about pavement's being blocked, parking on corners, parking in the road and highlighted instances where emergency vehicles wouldn't be able get through due to inconsiderate parking.

Nothing gets done about it so more people do the same and it continues to get worse.

#3 - CV3V replied on the 10/11/2017 1:36:19 PM

Have a look at the obstacles on Firpark Terrace the residents have put down on footpath to stop cars completely parking on the pavement! If you look on Streetview you can see cars used to park on footpath immediately outside the bay windows, and around the entrance door.

Complaints to council came to nothing.

You can reply to the post Parking on the pavements by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin