DennistounOnline
Community News, Views & Information

Burglary in dennistoun

Callum Horton posted on the 31/12/2017 5:21:02 PM

So last night while me and my flat mates some point between 1pm and 10.30pm my flat was broken in to via my window on garthland drive right on the corner of whitehill street, they stole mainly electronics. Computer, laptops, PS4 and things. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a good new year.

7 Replies :

#1 - Son of Onslow replied on the 1/01/2018 1:12:04 PM

friends had their flat on Golfhill Drive broken into the Thurs before last . Again in the afternoon and via a forced old sash type window to the front of the property . Sounds like someone is targetting flats in Dennistoun im afraid .

#2 - The Mentalist replied on the 1/01/2018 1:13:28 PM

Oh Calkum, that's awful. Hope this new year is better for you.

#3 - Broompark replied on the 12/01/2018 2:38:04 PM

And another attempt made yesterday afternoon to burgle a house on Broompark Drive. Sash window forces open with a crowbar.

#4 - CV3V replied on the 14/01/2018 3:22:30 PM

in December a flat on Firpark Terrace was also broken into during the day.

#5 - T replied on the 16/01/2018 4:10:27 PM

Another attempted break in on Garthland Drive yesterday (15th), likely in the afternoon. Both front door (buzzer entrance on flat) and two rear windows (old style) were attempted. Luckily they never got in. We have sensors over the windows so if they had the alarm would have gone off.

Still annoying though - need to keep a look out for suspicious people in the area.

#6 - anon replied on the 17/01/2018 10:05:35 PM

It doesn't help that the bin men keep leaving the back door open!

#7 - Gillian replied on the 18/01/2018 6:11:45 PM

I am still having the same problem with bin men leaving the door open to. Given up complaining. Just bought some timers for my lights and going to see if I can get a security check done by the police

You can reply to the post Burglary in dennistoun by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin