Dennistoun

Irene Fuller nee Brown posted on the 14/08/2017 6:54:00 AM

I stayed in Glenfield Street off Alexandra Parade. I went to Golfhill School in the fifties then on to Whitehill Senior Secondary from 1960 (I think) lol. There's not a lot of mention of round about my area. Glenfield Street, James Orr Street, Wishart Street, Alexandra Parade just off Castle Street. Our tenement was demolished to make way for the Royal Infirmary laboratories and of course M8.

#1 - LMcLM replied on the 6/03/2021 3:10:15 AM

What was the James Orr Street area like? My Granny's eldest brother was born at no. 40.
His parents were married at 190 Garnygadhill, Dennistoun on 31 December. That address and the date seem unusual to me.

#2 - Avril Macdonald replied on the 28/03/2021 5:34:58 PM

I have a postcard of James Orr Street around 1932. Would have posted here but can't see how so email me if you would like me to send the scan of it to you . aamacdonald0@gmail.com

You can reply to the post Dennistoun by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin