Flat to buy

Kate clayton posted on the 17/06/2016 4:37:25 PM

Hi ,I am looking to buy a flat in Dennistoun, to live in.
I am an artist, an older woman, cash buyer.
Looking for first floor, sunny, ideally with 2nd small bedroom,nice neighbors and a reliable factor ,for maintenance,repairs etc.
just in case anyone may know of someone looking to sell, please get in touch.

#1 - James replied on the 17/06/2016 7:39:12 PM

Hi there - it might be worth speaking to the local estate agents - try countrywide on alexandra parade - flats seem to be selling quickly and they can let you know when news ones are coming on the market. They were very helpful when we were selling. Hope you are successful. There is a great community of artists in Dennistoun!

#2 - Tam replied on the 19/06/2016 12:25:28 PM

Hi Kate. You will have no problem finding what you are looking for in Dennistoun. Signing up with a reputable agency is a great idea. The market is great at the moment but agents are still keen to sell fast so they like to have a list of clients they can contact the minute a good flat comes on the market. I've used Countrywide to sell and they are good. Be realistic and sensible. You have rightly identified a good factor as being important. When viewing flats check the state of the stairwells and back close. If you find somewhere you like don't be shy about going back and chatting to residents. Tenement living is great but can be a nightmare if you have bad neighbours.

#3 - Dennistonian replied on the 20/06/2016 11:30:47 AM

Also check if there is a factor.

#4 - ruth replied on the 20/06/2016 3:15:47 PM

hiya! i am selling my sunny,housing association factored 2 bed right now, but it is top floor sadly! on zoopla if you want to take a look, but great neighbours, no bother and lots of lovely light

hope you find the right place soon

R

#5 - Alex replied on the 21/06/2016 11:52:25 PM

Hi Kate,

There is a beautiful flat for sale in Kennyhill Square at the moment, and I could not recommend the street or neighbours more highly. Hope you find what you are looking for!

#6 - Stevo replied on the 23/06/2016 10:14:03 AM

Factors is an important point, Milnbank are by a long distance the best if your buying a property try and get one managed by them (Even if it costs a few £k extra)

// They clean the close weekly, Gardner out every 2 weeks and even painted the whole close (Only been with them 2 years)

#7 - kate replied on the 1/07/2016 5:24:19 PM

thanks for the advice everyone, just had an offer accepted on a lovely flat, everything xxx see you in Dennistoun

#8 - curiouscat replied on the 1/07/2016 6:23:16 PM

Congrats! Happy new home :)

#9 - Dennistonian replied on the 21/07/2016 12:10:08 AM

Congratulations! Hope you are very happy in your new home.

You can reply to the post Flat to buy by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin