Kids chucking balls of mud at the flat...

anon_l posted on the 8/04/2016 1:40:12 PM

...and at people.
These kids have plastic tubing they stick in the mud and when they flick it a chunk of mud comes flying out. They've covered the outside of my flat but also aim at people as well. The last time they did it they were aiming at people's windscreens. Someone's going to lose control of their car one of these days. Haven't a clue where to start with this. Police, local councillor??

#1 - The Mentalist replied on the 8/04/2016 3:24:20 PM

Phone 101.

#2 - anon_l replied on the 8/04/2016 4:48:46 PM

I did when i caught them aiming for windscreens and the operator was dismissive. Don't even know if they sent anyone out.

#3 - Concerned replied on the 8/04/2016 9:28:22 PM

Whereabouts is this happening?

#4 - anon_l replied on the 8/04/2016 10:22:42 PM

Just at the turn off to Tesco.

#5 - Fiona replied on the 9/04/2016 3:09:53 AM

We saw this at the turn off at Tesco today at lunchtime. Very dangerous .. we were able to exit from Tesco quickly and didn't get hit but they were aiming at cars and the road was covered.

#6 - anon_l replied on the 9/04/2016 10:24:27 AM

They're little thugs. They're lucky they never hit my boyfriend when they were aiming at him. He has less patience than me. These kids ages range from about 6 to 14.
I'll now have to pay to have the mud removed from the flat. Let's hope the rain washes it off!!

#7 - Malarki replied on the 9/04/2016 10:54:51 AM

If police not taking it seriously, I'd be making a complaint to the police. Also worth taking pictures of the alleged offenders.

#8 - anon_l replied on the 9/04/2016 11:35:42 AM

Not sure I feel comfortable taking photos of kids. I can just imagine the backlash if their parents got wind of that!

#9 - gg replied on the 9/04/2016 4:45:13 PM

I just past this bit (4.15pm) and there was 5 kids throwing mud. It was flying everywhere - over cars and people, and lying all over the road/pavement.

#10 - Malarki replied on the 9/04/2016 5:21:53 PM

I went past the junction earlier and saw some kids hanging around and seemed to be flicking mud about but only at each other at that point. However, could see mud over the pavements and road at the junction. As nothing dangerous or anti-social happening at the time, no justification to do anything about it but if it is happening again then 101 needs to be called - if you do it enough times the police or community safety will come just because they'll get fed up with the calls.
As regards taking photos - might be a good idea if the parents did get wind of it as then they might find out what they're kids are up to. Personally, when I had kids throwing stuff at my windows I went straight over and spoke to the parents and told them that I didn't want to get the police involved but if it continued I would. Not had a repeat of the behaviour since.
The other people you might want to talk to is Tesco - sure they'll not be happy about their customers having mud thrown at them.

#11 - anon_l replied on the 9/04/2016 5:43:56 PM

There's no way of knowing where they live to even consider talking to their parents. And id say flicking lumps of mud at cars, people and property is both dangerous and anti social. It's all over my flat and over my neighbours windows. And as I've already said, its me who will have to pay to have it cleaned off.
We just came back from Tesco and one of them hit the other. Sounds like there was a stone in it which cracked off his shin. Serves him right, but that COULD have been through a window. They've done this for years. Any school holidays and they're out there. This year though there's a range of ages.

#12 - Concerned replied on the 9/04/2016 7:40:13 PM

During the Winter, they were doing this kind of carry-on but with snowballs.

#13 - Tony replied on the 18/04/2016 2:28:16 PM

Passed there yesterday . what a mess , the building is covered and the road is too , i would call 999, who knows if stones or rocks are in that mud that could injure someone or cause a car crash

#14 - Concerned replied on the 19/04/2016 2:36:47 PM

Police must have seen this all happening the amount of times they circle the place daily.

You can reply to the post Kids chucking balls of mud at the flat... by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin