Missing Plant

Ems posted on the 8/05/2016 8:55:47 PM

Hi
my favourite plant has gone missing from the windowledge in our stairwell, between 0845 and 1330 today at Whitevale Street by Duke Street. It's a green aeonium with multiple green rose heads and ornamental branches, and it's in a plastic pot. It was only in the stairwell to recover from an infestation!
If anyone saw anyone on the street with the plant this morning, or has been offered it for sale can you leave some info please?
I'd love to get it returned as it has sentimental value and I'm gutted it's gone.
Thank you!

#1 - Gen replied on the 9/05/2016 9:57:57 AM

If it had an infestation maybe your neighbours didn't appreciate that in the stairwell!

#2 - Plant Lover replied on the 9/05/2016 3:23:40 PM

I am sure if they weren't happy they would have said something or put a note through Ems door. Its the theft and the return that is of concern!

#3 - The Mentalist replied on the 9/05/2016 11:12:56 PM

Some people will steal anything even an infested plant

#4 - Ems replied on the 10/05/2016 5:14:50 PM

If my neighbours were unhappy they would have spoken to me, left a note or put the plant in the garden.
I had removed the aphids and repotted the plant. Anyway, I don't think the condition of the plant excuses a theft.

#5 - Natalie replied on the 10/05/2016 10:21:16 PM

If this is the same building that I think it is (i.e. mine) I noticed someone had also spat on the inside stairs on Sunday. Lovely.

#6 - The Mentalist replied on the 11/05/2016 10:00:47 AM

"If this is the same building that I think it is (i.e. mine) I noticed someone had also spat on the inside stairs on Sunday. Lovely."

If there is anything that will make me live up to my name, it's that. Yuk.

#7 - Anon 1 replied on the 12/05/2016 10:52:04 PM

I saw a discarded plant lying on its side tonight in the parking ally at the top of Whitehill street, it was in a large black plastic pot with a wooden cane in it to support it, it had about three or four long branches with some green leaves at the top, I didn't pay too much attention to it.

#8 - p sherman replied on the 13/05/2016 1:21:07 PM

was directed to this thread by a concerned friend, one of my plants from our building's front garden also disappeared this week! i do hope there's not a serial plant burglar in the neighbourhood...

You can reply to the post Missing Plant by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin