Nextbike

Zoltan posted on the 4/07/2017 8:48:38 PM

I see "Nextbike" are sticking more bikes at Duke St train station and Alexandra Park!

New Cycle lanes along Duke street and Alexandra Parade are a must.

#1 - Gillian replied on the 5/07/2017 9:38:56 PM

Totally agree, things need to be improved

#2 - DA replied on the 5/07/2017 10:09:38 PM

Both of these streets are quite narrow so would it be easy to add cycle lanes?

#3 - Hello replied on the 6/07/2017 9:52:49 AM

Pavements are a mile wide on the parade. Doesn't matter if it's easy, it's worth doing.

Also time to remove parking from duke st and enable that to be a cycle lane. Loads of folk are cycling along duke st these days, despite the terrible car conjestion past Craig park //

#4 - CV3V replied on the 6/07/2017 12:29:15 PM

A dedicated cycle way (i.e. not the bus lane!) from Duke Street into George Square sounds like a good plan, and with wide roads and wide footpaths would be achievable. With a bit of imagination it could through Collegelands which would be a nicer and safer route.

#5 - Bamber replied on the 9/07/2017 12:42:02 PM

It would be a life saver for students/proffessional paying £25 quid a week on bus fares in and out of the city centre every week!(for a 10 min journey).

They could bike it,in and out,in 7 mins,and save about £1000 a year in bus fares.

#6 - CV3V replied on the 10/07/2017 9:30:07 AM

Students in Glasgow can get Nextbike for £30 per year! Great deal.

#7 - Pat replied on the 10/07/2017 10:09:00 PM

A very good idea. Anything's gotta be better than that terrifying bus lane on Duke St. Also if there are problems with that, City Property could release the old abattoir site and we could have an urban wild park and cycle path too. Not nearly enough trees in Dennistoun!!

#8 - wanderer replied on the 13/07/2017 1:02:35 PM

Being a foreigner but loving and living in Dennistoun for more than 6 years I always wished for better roads and cycle lane in Dennistoun. Moreover I always gutted seeing better cycling facilities in West End and South side (cycle highway) but observing the number of people cycling in south side are proportionately lesser than Dennistoun. Despite the council is not bothered or do not want to encourage more people in cycling and getting healthier.

#9 - QFX replied on the 13/07/2017 5:50:15 PM

I think improving the cycle lanes into city centre a good idea, and the quality of the existing provision does seem a lot poorer than in other parts of the city. But what people need to do is get complaining to the community council and councillors to get the city council to do something. The more people that complain, the more chance that something may one day happen.

You can reply to the post Nextbike by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin