Plastic chairs in church

john posted on the 11/08/2017 9:33:06 AM

I was at a wedding in Dennistoun central church (in Armadale st) a few months ago and I noticed that all the old wooden pews were gone and seemed to be replaced with modern plastic chairs, I tried to have a word with the minister after the wedding about the pews but he was understandly busy.
Does anyone attend Dennistoun central and know if the wooden pews are only off being repaired, or have been sold off //

#1 - curiouscat replied on the 11/08/2017 12:05:33 PM

My guess is that the pews have been removed in favour of removable/movable chairs for a more modern feel for the church. Loads of churches are doing it these days as it means the building is more flexible and it seems to be "the modern way" in order to attract more young people to church. I can only presume that's what has happened here.

#2 - Jennifer replied on the 14/08/2017 6:39:16 AM

I think they have a cafe on sometime during the week, and probably other activities too, so the pews wouldn't be suitable for that.

#3 - Jean replied on the 24/08/2017 9:23:14 PM

The Church in Armadale Street is Dennistoun New Church, the pews were removed when a large project was undertaken a few years ago to improve the facilities. The chairs in the sanctuary are certainly not plastic, they are upholstered chairs.

You can reply to the post Plastic chairs in church by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin