Police helicopter, fire engine and power cuts

Bex posted on the 9/04/2016 3:13:56 AM

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is further information on the power cuts that took place this evening in Whitehill court area?

2 fire engines attended after a few alarms went off and a police helicopter circled 4/5 times after the power came back on.

Few darkly dressed suspicious looking types made an appearance before the commotion of the fire engines and left after they were well out of sight (info has been passed to police - just in case)

In light of all the vandalism etc that's been happening in the area recently, is there anything suspicious about this or merely a utility issue?

#1 - anon_l replied on the 9/04/2016 10:34:10 AM

Sounds suspicious is a fire engine and police helicopter were there.

#2 - anon replied on the 9/04/2016 10:35:04 AM

The whole of the Village seemed to be affected not just Whitehill Court and we had another brief outage just after the main one. It was rectified fairly quickly though so would imagine it was a fault rather than vandalism but would be interesting to find out.

#3 - Gman replied on the 9/04/2016 10:36:34 AM

Purely speculation, but I wonder if the helicopter was out providing light for Duke St for traffic and the pubs leaving. No idea what the fire trucks may have been called for unless they were automatically called out when a few alarms were going off due to the power cut.

It was pretty surreal, hopefully we'll have an explanation soon and that it wasn't due to anything suspicious.

#4 - Malarki replied on the 9/04/2016 10:37:40 AM

Us darkly dressed suspicious looking types are always getting blamed for everything and I can assure you that I for one was nowhere near Whitehill Court yesterday evening. Can you be and more descriptive of the alleged suspects and the type of behaviour that raised your suspicions? Might prove more helpful.

#5 - Alan replied on the 9/04/2016 11:37:02 AM

Police raided 4 properties last night in Glasgow in connection with human trafficking, could be related? BBC news doesn't give any further details of locations.

#6 - anon replied on the 9/04/2016 11:39:42 AM

Agreed Malarki. Bex it would be interesting to hear why you thought they were suspicious, number of people, where they were and what they were doing to arouse suspicion. Are you sure they weren't just residents who had come outside to see what was going on? There were a few of outside doing exactly that although I couldn't see into Whitehill Court.

I imagine for such a large outage the fire service may be alerted automatically as a precaution, and the helicopter would be used to assess from the air the size of area affected?

#7 - anon replied on the 9/04/2016 11:41:41 AM

Would doubt it Alan, wouldn't be a reason for a whole area to lose power and there were no police around just fire engines and the helicopter. Problem was rectified fairly quickly.

#8 - anon_l replied on the 9/04/2016 2:40:26 PM

There's a helicopter out circling just now.

#9 - Matthew replied on the 9/04/2016 3:20:08 PM

No I agree with Bex seen a few dodgy looking folk walking down the street just before /after the power went out. Also as soon as the police helicopter left saw a hooded male very sneakily and suspiciously leave one of the properties as if he had been hiding there. Could just be coincidence but there was definitely something irregular with his body language and behaviour. Malarki I don't think you should take it so personal and think Bex was just trying to help, there was definitely something unusual going on last night!

You can reply to the post Police helicopter, fire engine and power cuts by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin