Public Transport in Glasgow

Frank Plowright posted on the 12/10/2016 3:48:05 PM

With the recent changes to trains running through Bellgrove, and the shorter route for the number 8 bus, people might be interested in attending a meeting of the Get Glasgow Moving organisation. It aims to campaign about public transport problems in Glasgow in the run-up to the 2017 Council elections. A meeting will be held at the Unite Building, 145 West Regent St, from 6pm on Thursday October 13th.

#1 - Stephanie replied on the 12/10/2016 8:54:20 PM

Thanks for this. Transport is a complete nightmare these days. I take the train to Dalmuir most days and I think I have had about 3 trains that have arrived on time since the new reduced timetables have come in. I also travel across the whole of Glasgow and Edinburgh and just can't rely on timetables. Buses are no better. Started just turning up at the train station when I am ready to go and I seem to spend less time waiting. Rant over :-)

#2 - anon_l replied on the 13/10/2016 10:03:30 AM

My boyfriend is having the same issues to Dalmuir as well. He has never had a train on time for the last 3 months.

#3 - Jbo replied on the 13/10/2016 9:41:21 PM

For those interested, 38 degrees have two transport related petitions, one to extend Glasgow's Subway;

38degrees.org.uk/petitions/think-outside-the-circle-extend-glasgow-s-subway

And another for the public ownership of Scottish Railways;

38degrees.org.uk/petitions/public-ownership-of-scotland-s-railways

#4 - Frank Plowright replied on the 11/01/2017 11:14:23 AM

Just for information, Scotrail have restored later trains to and from Edinburgh stopping at Bellgrove. With the exception of a one hour gap between 20.23 and 21.23 trains run every 30 minutes from Edinburgh until 20.50, and the final train to Edinburgh is now 23.08. I've not checked every station to Edinburgh, but the late trains stop at the half dozen intervening stations I did check.

#5 - Dennistonnian replied on the 11/01/2017 1:28:04 PM

I regularly take the train rather than buses (as I never know how much fayre to pay) and don't have a problem except they aren't very frequent from Bellgrove on a Sunday.

You can reply to the post Public Transport in Glasgow by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin