Regeneration of Gallowgate

anon_l posted on the 27/02/2016 1:31:19 PM

So we received a letter from the GHA saying there is a proposal for the flats on Millerston Street at the Gallowgate end to be demolished. We went for an interview with the housing officer and told him what our preferred option is. We own our home so they would be buying us out. I'm having visions of a repeat of that lady in Dalmarnock whose house was demolished for the common wealth games!!
Anyone in the know about how all this works? It is just a proposal but I really can't see it not happening.

#1 - Tam replied on the 27/02/2016 7:27:44 PM

This is more about gentrification than regeneration.

#2 - The Mentalist replied on the 27/02/2016 7:34:56 PM

Absolutely Tam. They don't have enough of a footprint from the demolition of the high flats so want rid of these houses, sell to private developer and, hey presto, regeneration/gentrification.

#3 - anon_l replied on the 27/02/2016 10:03:58 PM

The only bit of land they are selling to a private developer is where the high rise were. The rest will be new GHA buildings. Anyway regeneration/gentrification isn't my question.

#4 - The Mentalist replied on the 28/02/2016 8:35:33 PM

They can compulsory purchase at the lowest market value. If you go on the housing list, you have to wait like everyone else.

#5 - anon_l replied on the 29/02/2016 4:31:18 PM

Well there will a list of sort but I'm not planning on staying around. I want bought out. Compulsory Purchase doesn't need to be the 1st repsrt apparently. If I agree to a price it doesn't need to go that far. I think. May be wrong.

You can reply to the post Regeneration of Gallowgate by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin