Teen Gangs in Haghill

Stressed out posted on the 10/03/2016 1:15:44 AM

We have been having issues with teens almost every night for the last month in Haghill. Damaging property and kicking in our close doors. Police are slow to react, and no CCTV in our street means they are simply getting away with it. There seem to be loads of kids running the streets at night in sizeable groups.

Can anyone offer any advice what to do?

I've called Milnbank to request CCTV, but they say our street has only one Milnbank tenant, so its not a priority. Police just say to keep calling, but that's not doing anything!!

#1 - Concerned replied on the 10/03/2016 9:59:33 AM

Young hoodlums seem worse in Dennistoun and Haghill for some reason. Bridgeton seems perfectly calm now. I'd just keep on phoning the police if I were you. If they don't turn up, issue a complaint.

#2 - The Mentalist replied on the 10/03/2016 10:00:59 AM

Keep on at the police all the time. They'll get fed up and have to do something.

#3 - Frank Plowright replied on the 10/03/2016 10:02:11 AM

When police have attended Community Council meetings they've stressed continually reporting, noting that if an area is consistently experiencing trouble the weight of reports should result in an allocation of resources.

If you feel you've called on several occasions with no obvious response I'd suggest that you ask that the local community support team visit you.

#4 - Dennistonian replied on the 10/03/2016 10:22:30 AM

HI there. Sorry to hear this. I wonder where they come from? Are most of the houses owned by GHA or private? If GHA I would complain to them or what about Glasgow City Council? Have you asked to speak to the Community Police Officer or contacted your local Councillors?

#5 - Doll replied on the 10/03/2016 10:23:20 AM

I haven't had any experience of this in Dennistoun but perhaps I have just been lucky......

#6 - Stressed replied on the 10/03/2016 7:22:46 PM

Thank you everyone for your replies so far, it's reassuring to get some sound advice.

We have contacted our councillors who have passed on our concerns to police and community safety team, whom I have also contacted.

We will continue to report and have advised our neighbours to do so too. We have scaffolding in front of our building now, so unfortunately can't see out into the street anymore, but I will be out on the street tonight to monitor/report.

You can reply to the post Teen Gangs in Haghill by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin